Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Too many answers

Lately I've been engaging in a sort of activism I never thought to be possible. This blog has begun with rejecting such an activity. In a way I've so far lived a life I didn't quite understand. Mostly because the real assumptions were missing.

In my recent disability activism spur, I came across with a book called "The Crip Theory" from Robert McRuer. And truth is this book has given me more answers than I've ever imagined being able to get in life (excluding probably some kind of esoteric experience of revelation). 

I'll definitely elaborate more on this discovery, because the theory is brilliantly outlined, very logical and clear. So even if the subject isn't free from technicalities, I feel the ideas are really accessible. On the other hand, it has left me in silence regarding actual alternatives for my own little life. 

I can totally get the mechanics of exclusion and it's not hard at all to frame my personal history to that structure (which is scary since we tend to think our personal history is actually personal). But now what? Can one scape from this carefully crafted social script and write his own stories from the moment of awareness on?

I'm sure there's a way since there is and there has always been a will. But for now I've got to confess that I've become existentially speechless.

No comments:

Post a Comment